I am Ché Wilbraham: game designer, ludic illustrator, games academic.
Contact me here: mightychebo [at] hotmail [dot] co [dot] uk
As a self-taught, independent game developer, my background is in the arts. I see myself as a ludic illustrator, harnessing the unique power of games as the most effective way to communicate with an audience. My games illustrating mental health issues have been my most successful. I truly believe that games can make the world a better place and that's why I make them.
I hold a BA in Illustration from the Cardiff School of Art and Design and an MA in Digital Games from Brunel University. I am currently a PhD student at Falmouth University, studying new approaches to branching narrative in games via the concept of a Virtual Gamemaster.
If you are interested in more qualifications, I have a Certificate of Higher Education in Theoretical Physics and Applied Mathematics, I joined Mensa at the age of thirteen with an IQ of 177 and I have a black belt in Tae Kwon Do.
My work has gotten around a bit:
- Exhibited at Cardiff School of Art & Design Degree Show 2011
- Presented at playARK 2011
- PC Gamer Free Game of the Week, 30th May 2015
- Ambushed Gamer Free Fly Friday, 26th June 2015
- "How to Make Your Own RPGs" at Cardiff Anime & Gaming Con 2015 and 2016, Main Stage